During adoption hours we have volunteers available to show dogs and cats to the public. For safety/insurance reasons we can only allow those 12 years or older to go into the dog kennel wing of the shelter. We ask all visitors not to stick their fingers/hands into the dog kennels. Our adoptable dogs and cats are viewable through our website. Everyone interested in applying for a dog or cat must submit an application through our website. We receive multiple applications for each animal. Applications for particular animals are based on best fit for each animal based on each animal’s behaviors and needs. An application not being selected for a particular animal does not necessarily mean the application was denied, but just that another application was approved.
Our Shelter Location
1210 Veterans Drive
Dalton, GA 30721
Adoption fees (Sales Tax Included)
$300 and up – Dogs & Puppies
$75 and up – Cats (depending on breed)
$80 – Kittens
We accept Visa, Master Card, Cash or Check
The adoption fee includes:
- Spay or neuter
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Medical check-up
- Flea preventative
- FeLV test (cats)
- Heartworm test (dogs)
To expedite the adoption process and to help us help you, please complete the on-line adoption application. You must fill out the application completely. One of our dedicated adoption team members will contact you only if you are approved.
- If you are unable to visit during our normal adoption hours we can schedule a time for you to visit.
- Pets are family members and we encourage the entire family to be a part of the adoption process. Children must be 12 years old or older to go into our dog kennel area, but we do have acquaintance rooms available for children to meet with specific dogs.
- If you currently have no pets please consider adopting two, a better adoption experience for you and them. Single pets also get lonely when you are away for several hours.
- If you are adopting a dog or puppy and currently have another dog please bring them for a meet and greet. Include them in the adoption selection process.