What To Do If You Have Lost A Pet
As soon as possible, you should:
- Ask neighbors. Drive around your neighborhood.
- In your neighborhood, post fliers with a picture. Bring a copy to the Humane Society of Northwest Georgia, and we will display at our center.
- Ask if you can post a flier in the veterinarian’s offices.
- Email a picture and description of the pet to email@example.com. Include information about when and where the animal was last seen. The information will be sent to the volunteers of the Humane Society.
- Check with Whitfield County Animal Control at (706) 278-2018 EVERYDAY. Stray animals are kept 5 days before they are euthanized or given to the Humane Society. Keep checking with Animal Control. An animal may be running loose for a while before it is picked up by Animal Control. Also check with the Animal Control Pounds in Catoosa, Murray, and Gordon Counties.
- Advertise on the local radio station. Call (706) 278-5511.
- Place an ad in the local newspaper: Daily Citizen News, (706) 217-6397. This is a free service.
- Check at the flea markets on the weekends. Some people are stealing dogs and selling them at the flea market the next weekend.
- Send emails, post on Facebook, post on all available web pages and social networking available.
- Find Toto
- Fido Finder
- Helping Lost Pets